A leading provider of health data analytics solutions is looking for an enthusiastic and innovative Java Software Engineer to join a small team to help maintain and extend the capabilities of the platform. A Data Analytics platform has been developed with:
- Java Client
- Java Servlets
- Relational databases for configuration and fact data
- To get to know the existing code-base with a view to modification and bug fixing
- To incorporate new functionality into the product in consultation with other team members
- To provide second and third line support for product issues and queries
- Degree in Computing, Maths, Engineering, Science or equivalent
- Strong back-end and front-end Java development background
- Ability to think independently, creatively and flexibly
- Strong Object-Oriented Design skills
- Extensive Structured Query Language (SQL) experience, in particular in the area of query optimisation and understanding SQL query plans
- Ability to learn and maintain an existing code base as well as writing new code
- Familiarity with, or ability to learn, statistical methods
- Strong communication skills
- Appreciation of computational complexity and optimisation
- Familiarity with Apache Tomcat or Red Hat JBoss EAP
- Some Unix/Linux experience
- Experience with the Google Web Toolkit (GWT)
- Understanding of Model-View-Controller (MVC) architectures
The role offers the opportunity to make a significant contribution to the software that consultants and customers use to make real differences to people’s lives.
The company offer a highly competitive basic salary and a comprehensive benefits package.
The role will be home working for the foreseeable future, the plan is for a scheduled return to the Bracknell office in due course, however it can be predominantly home based if preferred.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.