A leading provider of high performance Classic Bluetooth and BLE modules, adapters and development kits is enjoying a period of rapid growth and urgently require Senior Software Engineers to join their global team.
The Senior Software Engineer is responsible for product firmware. Projects will include design for new products and functionality upgrades, continuous improvements and customer support.
- BLE development
- C coding
- ARM microcontroller architecture development
- Silabs or Nordic BLE SoC
- RTOS development (Zephyr preferred)
- ISO9001 development environment
- Cloud (AWS IoT, Azure) development
- Xamarin development
- LoRa and LTE development
- Possess some limited knowledge of new product development processes and work flow
- Experience in participating on multi-disciplinary, multi-site product development teams
- Produce firmware architecture and design documentation from product requirements specifications, and effectively communicate those designs to colleagues and managers
- Develop test plans for firmware/hardware design-proof testing and feasibility studies with regard to cost and schedule for specified firmware designs
- Investigate modes of failure with regard to legacy firmware
- Provide technical support to customers and work directly with customers and internal teams to identify requirements, establish design expectations, and agree upon design, performance, and goals for projects
- Develop and maintain project timelines to ensure all key deliverables are met
- Coordinate activities to accomplish prototype and pilot production runs to mature the design to meet customer needs for finished products
- Coordinate project activities to ensure smooth release of products into manufacturing
- Submit monthly project status reports
- Write technical papers on significant findings or inventions that can be used as a sales training aid, help promote new products or be published in technical journals
- Maintain leading-edge technical proficiency and stay abreast of new trends and scientific developments in fields affecting firmware and systems sciences
- Maintain laboratory notebooks to document the creation and development of new inventions. Prepare invention disclosures, and work with corporate attorneys in researching, writing and filing patent applications. Take any necessary steps to protect intellectual property.
As well as a highly competitive basic salary and comprehensive benefits package, the company offer exceptional career path development, a flexible and informal working environment and unrivalled exposure to the latest technological developments.
The role will initially be home working, the plan is for a scheduled return to their offices near High Wycombe in due course.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.