A leading provider of health data analytics solutions is looking for an enthusiastic and innovative Application Developer to join a small team. They have developed three-tier web applications in-house that have:
- HTML 5 web clients developed using the Google Web Toolkit (GWT)
- Java Enterprise Edition (JEE) servlets and Plain Old Java Objects (POJOs) in the JEE web container
- Relational databases for their persistence
Your solid background in Java development will hopefully include JEE (Servlet) development, using the Hibernate Object-Relational Management (ORM) APIs, and Structured Query Language (SQL). Your understanding of Object-Oriented Design (OOD) and of the Model-View-Controller (MVC) design pattern will enable you to make significant contributions to these complex applications.
- To get to know the existing code-base with a view to modification and bug fixing
- To incorporate new functionality into the product in consultation with other team members
- To provide second and third line support for product issues and queries
- Object-Oriented Design (OOD) skills
- Structured Query Language (SQL)
- Experience of innovation to create features
- Understanding of Model-View-Controller (MVC) design
- Strong communication skills
- Good numerate degree – in Computing, Maths, Engineering, Science or equivalent
- Java Enterprise Edition (JEE) servlet development
- Hibernate Object-Relational Management (ORM)
- Model-View-Controller (MVC) architectures
- Experience of the Google Web Toolkit (GWT)
- Familiarity with Relational Database Management Systems (RDBMS) (Oracle or Microsoft SQL Server)
- Familiarity with Apache Tomcat or Red Hat JBoss EAP
The Application Developer role offers the opportunity to make a significant contribution to the software that consultants and customers use to make real differences to people’s lives.
The company offer a highly competitive basic salary and a comprehensive benefits package, including Bupa private healthcare insurance and 25 days annual leave.
This role can be home or office based or a hybrid model, with occasional visits to client sites in the UK.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.