Technical Business Consultant / Data Warehouse Solution Specialist/Architect – NHS, Healthcare
An applied analytics and advisory business with a unique in-house developed solution that combines an improvement science methodology with a proprietary improvement analytics platform. Clients operate predominantly in the NHS, general healthcare and emergency services.
Projects range from small-scale data marts to much larger and more complex solutions. These business intelligence solutions are accessed through a Web App, and utilise an SQL Server data warehouse with typically anything up to 100 million records and 5-10 fact tables built using the client’s data. They are hosted on a managed service or with the client.
- Ability to communicate effectively across organisational, technical and political boundaries
- Specifying and designing inter-departmental or cross organisation data warehouses
- T-SQL and SSIS development
- .NET programming in VB or C#
- Presentation and visualisation skills
- Process and data modelling in acute healthcare
- Ability to reverse engineer a data model from a live system
- Fluent in tools and techniques for modelling and communicating processes and data flows
- Experience of applying data to business transformation projects, measuring processes and progress towards outcomes
- Creation of outline physical designs for data warehouses – targeting a relational DBMS – ideally SQL Server
- Dimensional analysis and modelling
- Complex modelling issues such as temporal stability and divergent coding of data
- Message based and enterprise service bus technologies including HL7 and FHIR
- Liaise with health business transformation consultants to capture requirements from stakeholders and system sponsors
- Work with health business subject matter experts to understand and document the client’s data assets
- Produce and communicate logical and conceptual health models of key business processes and data flows using use case, process diagrams or other appropriate visualisation tools
- Assess data availability, suitability and quality
- Help identify possible transformation initiatives. Assist with re-packaging such initiatives for use with other clients
- Producing logical and outline physical designs for target data warehouses
- Specify transformation, linking and data re-coding rules
- Provide data structures that can be synchronised with data integrity maintained
- Identifying key project risks and work with the project manager to mitigate these
- Communicating solution requirements to other technical consultants and system builders
- Assist with creating a business data glossary and other key user documentation
- Formulate plans for, and help manage, system testing and user acceptance testing
- Knowledge of a variety of BI tools such as Qlikview, Business Objects, IBM Cognos, Microsoft Power BI/SSAS, Tableau
- Statistical process improvement/Six Sigma/CMMI/Lean
- Simulation and numerical modelling techniques and software such as Simul8
- Development of test data
- Machine Learning and AI
- Scrum/Agile, ISO 27001 and ITIL
The company offer a competitive basic salary and a comprehensive benefits package. The role will be home working for the foreseeable future, travel within the UK to client sites will normally be required.
Excellent opportunity, please apply for a prompt response.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.