An applied analytics and advisory business with a unique in-house developed solution that combines an improvement science methodology with a proprietary improvement analytics platform. Clients operate predominantly in the NHS, general healthcare and emergency services.
Projects range from small-scale data marts to much larger and more complex solutions. These business intelligence solutions are accessed through a Web App, and utilise an SQL Server data warehouse with typically anything up to 100 million records and 5-10 fact tables built using the client’s data. They are hosted on a managed service or with the client.
- Undertake analysis of client businesses, delivering insights into opportunities for clinical and operational improvements at both departmental and organisation level
- Configure and use tools to explore root causes of problems and variations, coach client team members in the use of these tools and gain commitment from clients to their ongoing use
- Support clients on their journey to better understand their business as a set of processes, the performance of their processes and the variation in clinical practices
- Work as part of a team to drive project delivery work both with clients and internally
- Work with other team members to gain insights into processes, identify improvement opportunities, develop strategies for controlling and reducing variation, implement service improvements and achieve strategic aims throughout client organisations
Skills and Experience: Analytical
- Rapidly assimilate client business operations, especially in the health sector
- Apply variety of analytical tools and techniques to gain insights into operational challenges and opportunities for improvements
- Develop and test hypotheses and reach a confident point of view
- Constructively challenge existing paradigms
- Assist operational managers to translate data into clinical insights
Presentation and Training Delivery
- Strong presentation skills and ability to prepare presentations that articulate a clear story around performance
- Ability to design an intuitive and easy to use system considering the user experience and current best practice around data visualisation
- Build trusted relationships with clients at a range of levels – Executive, Managerial, Clinical, Information Analysts etc
- Comfortable delivering training and coaching to client groups in both group and one-on-one sessions
Data and Project Management
- Knowledge of health datasets and experience undertaking analysis within the Health sector
- Data management and Health service delivery IT systems
- Ability to rapidly conceptualise IT systems and consider ways in which the applications can be enhanced
- Project management approaches, tools and techniques
- Understanding of how hospitals work, patient flow, care pathways, and departments
- Statistics and tools such as SPC (Statistical Process Control), or other analytical techniques
- Clinical background and understanding of clinical specialties
- SQL and Java
- Continuous improvement work and/or technique
- Stakeholder engagement and management particularly with clinical areas and stakeholders
The company offer a competitive basic salary and a comprehensive benefits package. The role will be home working for the foreseeable future, the plan is for a scheduled return to the Bracknell office in due course. Travel within the UK to client sites will normally be required.
Excellent opportunity, please apply for a prompt response.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.